Cogency

AMD & Nvidia gfx blabla.

Now I have to break my full loop apart.

(photo taken for ocuk forum role call. I'm told that will make my penis grow)

gpu.jpg

so basically, if you havew a 2080ti now the advice is to wait.

Less than a 1080, upgrade no.

If you are Cogency ........ Crying into beer is suggested

5 hours ago, Kunasha said:

Now I have to break my full loop apart.

(photo taken for ocuk forum role call. I'm told that will make my penis grow)

That made even my penis grow.

ekwb you mean? Not sure I'd get EVGA anything now anymore, they used to be great but kinda pulled out of the UK to focus on the US. My 980TI was EVGA, and my 850W platinum PSU is too.

Aquacool are making a waterblock for my card, it's "coming soon"

https://www.hwconfig.com/waterblock-finder

For now I'm happy with the GPU on air, I can't really hear it and I've managed to drop the pump speed for the rest of the loop so that's quieter too. I've put it together in a temporary mode, but it works ok. When a waterblock is available I'll tidy it properly. Might even ditch my drive bay pump/res combo and move it inside the case properly. That should align with ditching the last couple of HDD though too.

20200922_210958.jpg

Under stock, only seen it top out at 65C, fans no where near max. The newer cards limit themselves thermally with their auto-boosting overclock kind of thing

It's almost not worth putting it under water, but I'm sure I'll do it anyway

I actually just bought a 5.25 pump res combo to make use of the space. i currently have 4ssd and 4 hdd, so have to keep at least one drive bay. Getting rid of my 3 AIO and replacing with a real loop, but waiting for zen3 to assemble

That was a great link btw, thanks Ton.

Edit: Doesnt work properly. So not a good link

Edited by Ernesto

I'll post the site that links directly to it tomorrow. 

I actually played a game tonight. Set up Red Dead Redemption 2 on Ultra, then started the story. I haven't played it before, but wow it looks nice. GPU topped 67C and CPU with the 2 radiators now topped 45-50C. It didn't heat up my room as much as my old OC card with my OC CPU did. 

Before, I would have the full loop equalise around 60-65C under load with the grill on top of the case hot to the touch (not too hot to touch, but hot). Today it remained cool to the touch. 

I'm guessing that equalise temp as cpu and gpu would show the same temp. 

As for the drive bay thing, I have an xspc one, but I get paranoid about not seeing the flow with it (only the level), and I think that the pump noise might be quieter more inside the case rather than just inside and near the top vents

Don't let speculation and rumours sway your decision. I've had no issues with my GIGABYTE Gaming OC, and it boosts past 2050 in games fine. It's more likely drivers, or even systems with PSU not able to drive the cards properly, or with other conflicts or other hardware issues. There are plenty of people connecting a 2 socket card with 1 cable out there and that is asking for trouble.

Even the "good cap" cards are reporting the same CTD issues. Also, the "cheap caps" mentioned actually have many different variants that you can't tell between by eye, some better than the "good" ones, and mostly more expensive too. 

It's interesting in the video above his Gigabyte Gaming has a factory overclock less than mine, also his power limit % lets him go higher. I don't think it's the same card in all markets.

Also this stream is interesting from the point I show onwards, he's using an EVGA card

Der8auer managed to OC an all MLCC 3090 to 2,1GHz but with shuntmods and voltagemods and even then he said that it wasn't "gaming stable" with air cooling .

I have not followed reports of crashes in larger scale but so far I don't see anything sensational here. Every card crashes if you push it far enough. What I would take from this is that we have identified one of the factors that might contribute to the cards overclockability. And there's always more than 1 factor that can determine your max clock so for that reason alone I would not determine what card to buy based on POSCAP vs MLCC alone but wait and see some larger scale OC reports first.

Nvidia put out a driver fix today. This whole thing can be summed up as:

wah wah my GPU with 1710MHz base clock crashes sometimes if my card overclocks past 2000MHz, I deserve better!

5 hours ago, Sammerkand said:

Soooo, Any issues with yours ?

I am asking for a friend who may upgrade ....

Nope, not one crash before I updated the drivers.

OK so this is a 3090 not 3080, but even so I don't think that I'll bother getting a waterblock this time around. I'm happy with the clocks, frame rate and noise level I'm getting on air.

They better hurry, early November I'm getting my Reverb G2 and neeeeeeeeeeeed 3080.

Edited by Cogency