Muuman

Star Citizen!

If you want any kind decent user experience with voice analysis software then a decent microphone is necessary. Don't expect your €3 desktop mic to give you as seamless an experience as a €150 Blue YETI Pro for example. Training can improve it a lot but if the input signal is crap, then you're going to get crap coming out the other side too :)

Most gaming headsets have a decent enough microphone nowadays, but struggle with the deeper tones of speech which can cause minor accuracy/signature problems. Also, a lot of people breathe into headset microphones too, causing all kinds of unexpected craziness to occur :D

A hangar video of the Caterpillar leaked, not everything is working just yet. hehe

Also the reworked Cutlass.

giphy.gif

Edited by Cogency

Is that Cutlass a big ship or like a solo/duo fighter Cog? Feeling too lazy to google, but it looks awesome..

Is that Cutlass a big ship or like a solo/duo fighter Cog? Feeling too lazy to google, but it looks awesome..

3 people I believe, 2 pilots, 1 gunner.

Cutlass is pretty damn awesome, can do solo, duo or three. There's two seats in the cockpit and one in a turret. I might upgrade my Gladius to one.

Here is an overview of what they changed from the current version;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itWLCPwQ7rg

It's the counterpart of the Freelancer I guess, this one:

Freelancer_hangar_02.jpg

Which is also pretty damn awesome, hehe.

Edited by Cogency

I have a Cutlass you can play with anytime, also for this month Subscribers get the Freelancer to fly about, so I have that too.

I have a Constellation as a placeholder also if you to try that out.

Just let me know and I'll log in and get them for you to try.

Edited by Fastas

2.6 is on the PTU today.

The Live Stream was a bit of a fail.

Best bit for me in the clip below.

Edited by Fastas

the emergent gameplay vid should be played with no sound.. damn that voice comm discipline is bad

Some Star Marine play, mature language throughout if you have family around! Gets more watchable after 4 mins i think.

Edited by Fastas

I got the PTU invite earlier also, but gonna wait and see if they will dish out the the live version Friday. 

Wanted to install SC but ran out of HDD space... Guess what I'm buying for Christmas! XD

Bit of a pain running the PTU as it's a double install, I don't run a large memory on my gamer either, a good job I don't play many games at the same time!

I had to remove a drive because it was overheating being attached to the back of the motherboard. So I'm feeling the depleted void it left behind :(

Hmmm i didnt get that usual mail announcing patches and stuff.

Nevertheless, Nice update, gonna give this a go tonight.

Btw handle is "heddan", add me for free rides in my cutlass.

Another giveaway from Noobifier, just sub and comment for a choice of big ships. Nothing to lose, have at it!

His channel is full of short, easy to listen to vids on Star Citizen.

Edited by Fastas

Mmmmm Misc Endeavour Base *drools*

If I win that thing, I will melt the Orion and buy awesome modules. We'll never have to see a planet again.  :lol:

Also: 

M1CWKrj.jpg

Edited by Cogency

The Cutlass rework looks very nice. I upgraded my Black to a Blue in the Drake sale for more firepower and better engine (apparently).

Will be interesting how they integrate farming with the Endeavour and all the other tuning modules etc. Might be an awesome ship to have as a base in deep space along with afuel ship etc..

Edited by Fastas

Another giveaway from Noobifier, just sub and comment for a choice of big ships. Nothing to lose, have at it!

His channel is full of short, easy to listen to vids on Star Citizen.

Just a reminder about this, there has been just over 4k enteries so far. Someone has to win, would be awesome if it was you!