Muuman

Star Citizen!

Anyway, CitizenCon next week. I think they are going to release a bunch of Squadron42 info (cast and stuff for the single player story). FPS should be about ready and more Arena Commander 2.0 stuffz.

Go ahead, there's no chance in hell it won't. None, they've built a brand, partnered with several big companies delivering exclusive items tied to their brands in turn. It will be delivered, there'll be delays, many of them, it'll be buggy, but that's the nature of game development.

"My vaporware brings all the boys to the yard"  ^_^

I think it's going to be released, in one form or another. But I get the feeling it's not going to be anywhere near what some people have been led to believe.

Edited by Sinful

Hehe yeah, some people do have their fantasies run overtime. But the latest video showed some great promise. Also need to remember it wont be like Eve, there wont be thousands of people in the same zone. It will be instanced. 

I think it's a good thing they take such an aggressive stance against that article, since there are quite a few personal attacks without any proof or backup.

Totalbiscuit tweeted also about it, one of em being; "I have concerns as to the validity of the sources in the original article, I hope the truth ends up coming out, this is a real mess."

And ofcourse Derek Smart was all over his tweets, whining about the money, etc.

Hell, I am a simple man who did stuff in a video game. And even I had screenshots and recordings of every mean thing that was said and done. One would think a reporter would cover his ass when he/she starts firing away at some company. :P

Edited by Cogency

Posting that letter on their page feels like a "forum wars" move and not something a real lawyer would do.  The letter does not sound very lawyer-ish eihter.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14979-Chairmans-Response-To-The-Escapist

"Ortwin Fryermuth" where did they recruit him anyways - in Hogwarts ?

Did you all buy your "we-go-to-court" battlecruiser editions yet ? ;)

Edited by Coots

Sabre is pretty damn cool also.

Maybe I should melt my Starfarer for it. :P

Edited by Cogency

I want one! :(

I might have melted something and got one. ^.^

Concept_citcon2015_4.jpg

Edited by Cogency

I might have melted something and got one. ^.^

Your credit card? ;)

Tactical Advance recap;

And a picture list of some of the more known actors.

IEcB6Rw.jpg

Edited by Cogency

Cool that they throw "my" money after expensive(?) actors for voices. Because that ensures a high quality game...

Cool that they throw "my" money after expensive(?) actors for voices. Because that ensures a high quality game...

Just watch the movies linked here. He kinda also did the same with Wing Commander, Mark Hamill was in that game also.

2949680-oldman2.jpg

oIdkXoCiK3du.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

I also think their roles will pay them self back with the amount of exposure they are also giving, the intarwebz and game sites are buzzing. Some of the celebs been talking about the game last few days also, they tweet about it, etc, one of em discussed it in some Comic Con interview, etc. They already made 2mill since gamescom and a whole bunch of new backers. 

To get even more exposure, it's not the worst move. 

Edited by Cogency

I wish they'd interviewed Mark and John so they can call back to the old WC days and compare it with now.  Gary is a great actor and all, but I'm more interested to hear from some of the others rather than him.

Just watch the movies linked here. He kinda also did the same with Wing Commander, Mark Hamill was in that game also.

I also think their roles will pay them self back with the amount of exposure they are also giving, the intarwebz and game sites are buzzing. Some of the celebs been talking about the game last few days also, they tweet about it, etc, one of em discussed it in some Comic Con interview, etc. They already made 2mill since gamescom and a whole bunch of new backers. 

To get even more exposure, it's not the worst move. 

I do watch teh movies. No doubt that the famousses will generate more exposure and probably bring in money as well. More than they cost, maybe. But getting more money is not the same as a high quality game. 

Dont get me wrong, I hope the game will be great, but I do not expect it to be more than a polished and instanced upgrade to what JumpGate was, back in 2001 unfortunately.

This guy build a Cutlass in Wildstar:

We might have missed out on Wildstar if stuff like this was possible. Haha