Muuman

Star Citizen!

Foip! Hahhaha

Worth a watch btw, the new amazing stuff.

Edited by Cogency

i might, time permitting also get the constellation out )

Hello friends!

Free fly week is upon us, create an account and test the game and a bunch of ships!

If you do so, make sure to use this referral; STAR-4Z9G-MLQM . It will give you a few more pennies ingame (so you can buy a gun or multi tool) and I get rewarded with an item if I have enough recruits.

Here is a little video to get you started if you do so.

https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com

Edited by Cogency

I don't know what's going on and don't really have time to read everything, but from the nice videos, it looks good......hopefully we can play soon! I think I've missed this freefly week.

Wow!! This, this was one epic video... Holy shit, imagine the fights one will have in SC 😄

https://cloudimperiumgames.com/blog/corporate/cfo-comment-2012-2017-financials

a little bit of a summary:

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/334717/Cloud_Imperium_Games_spent_4M_a_month_in_2017_developing_Star_Citizen.php

In short. Star Citizen has now burned about 90% of their collected capital and the rest is being burned fast. But clever as they are, they will spend that money on a shit, and sell it for another round of money. But this ship, and get this extra ship for "free". That being said, many companies survive for many years with a HUGE deficit, as long as someone is willing to throw money into the pit.

They end the report with "At the time of writing this report we have had our best month ever since we started this journey and we expect with the continued support of our existing and new backers and customers that we will create a truly inspirational game and experience that all of those involved in the community can take credit for and truly claim they have helped achieve." It sounds great....but.....is it

But please, be careful. Its a terrible company. Maybe the idea of a good game... but a terrible company.

Edited by Chimp

3 hours ago, Chimp said:

But please, be careful. Its a terrible company. Maybe the idea of a good game... but a terrible company.

Aye. Just like Tesla. Burned more cash and is still not profitable. 

When people believe them and buy the ships, they help the cashflow. Nothing wrong with that? If they get their act together, release and start to get revenue it will be all fine! Big IF though

How dare you @Tangha Elon Musk has reinvented the tunnel! Never has anyone been this good at selling snake oil. The man is a genius!

So many have backed this with the starter/preorder thing that I wonder just how they will convert to getting revenue if they ever release. Subscription? P2W? Blocking most of the content behind pay walls? 

1 hour ago, Kunasha said:

So many have backed this with the starter/preorder thing that I wonder just how they will convert to getting revenue if they ever release. Subscription? P2W? Blocking most of the content behind pay walls? 

The model is that they plan to licence the technology and systems. Such as face over IP2, the persistence model, and so on.

On 1/24/2019 at 6:10 PM, Kunasha said:

new revenue: easiest way is from people buying the game after it has been released.

the preorders will be recognized as revenue after you ship the game

On 1/28/2019 at 11:08 AM, Tangha said:

new revenue: easiest way is from people buying the game after it has been released.

the preorders will be recognized as revenue after you ship the game

Yes. But they can still run out of cash. 😃