Sign in to follow this  
Calyn

It's time to slay the dragon!

That has to be the worst trailer for a game I have eeever seen. What the hell? Who approved this?!

After I noticed the hot blondie I was just expecting an Asian, a relatively fit dude and another hottie... and here they are!

PS. This ad really makes me buy the game! MY TIME IS NOW!

The ingame footage looked good, but made up around what 20% of the ad - I thought after a long time maybe it wasn't actually a GW2 trailer after all.... then the transformation into a Norn.... oh it is GW2

The Dreamcast had a few 'amazing' adverts, this one wasn't as bad as I remember but it was part of a series that focused on stereotypes and caused a few complaints:

Hands down worst ones though go to Sony:

Macar wrote on Mon, 10 September 2012 20:17
That has to be the worst trailer for a game I have eeever seen. What the hell? Who approved this?!

I agree. The video itself is welldone... but the idea of the video is just horrible.

Apparently it was made for cinemas - so I think it will have a good impact - still think thew non/game footage ratio is wrong.

Janne wrote on Tue, 11 September 2012 20:12
i liked the video, what's wrong with it? :E it has good depth and I like how it moves around really nicely

I can't see how the advert should appeal to gamers and I can't see any non-gamers getting excited about trying it once the end bit pops up.

Admittedly I'm not sure how you advertise an MMO in a way that would be informative and appealing but that's not my problem!

My main problem with it is that it doesn't seem to have a target audience.

We have recently seen BF(?) and WoW commercials in cinema, but when you sandwich them between the blockbuster trailers they really come out of it looking rather poorly. Not sure why they don't do cinematics instead. =/

Pointless garbage. Change the ending and you'll have a APB ad, which would be more fitting.

I do need to get my copy of GW2, though.

Woot. The idea behind this is great, focusing on the past and present MMO experience and sense of community, not on flashy gameplay cherrypicks. The quality of some of the shots is quite astonishing, too.

Sure, the whole thing is pretty cheesy (partly due to dipping a good tad too deep into clich

DeathStorm wrote on Wed, 12 September 2012 01:07
Janne wrote on Tue, 11 September 2012 20:12
i liked the video, what's wrong with it? :E it has good depth and I like how it moves around really nicely

I can't see how the advert should appeal to gamers and I can't see any non-gamers getting excited about trying it once the end bit pops up.

Admittedly I'm not sure how you advertise an MMO in a way that would be informative and appealing but that's not my problem!

well if i wasn't a gamer, that would caught my intrest to try the game...

i think the video did it's job in creating conversation and people thinking about it...

Sign in to follow this