Sign in to follow this  
fyra

Tera

PvP-wise, you have :

- Battlegrounds. Nothing new.

- Clan Wars, which is the only interesting thing I see in this game. You can /declare war to an other guild and then you don't need those stupid tokens in order to kill the members of this guild.

It feels like quite a sad thing that people start talking about endgame content like 1-2 months after a release. Why are games so damn fast nowadays?

Sarya wrote on Thu, 09 February 2012 09:43
PvP-wise, you have :

- Battlegrounds. Nothing new.

- Clan Wars, which is the only interesting thing I see in this game. You can /declare war to an other guild and then you don't need those stupid tokens in order to kill the members of this guild.

What's the reward for pvping? If you say gear ima cry!

Meilink is looking at something solid alright, not sure if its the game itself..

There seems to be a political system in game, and (I will type "you" instead of "u" in the future) can get the 'throne' or some political ranking by doing rated bgs.

I read something about a floating pvp island as well, which seems to be part of a new update in korea.

Apparently they're revamping the pvp-system? Seems like none of the "Ask for permission to attack", but rather you can declare yourself a Outlaw and attack everyone. You then get a debuff when you kill people and as you rack up kills you're limited to the use of merchants etc.

Seems a bit like going Red in Lineage.

Below is quoted from a dev-post in november.

https://forum.tera-europe.com/showthread.php?t=24085

Quote:
"Revamp of the PK system

The PK (player killing) system will be entirely revamped. In the current version of the game, you can declare yourself as a PK towards another player through the usage of a special item, which will allow you to attack that player. In the updated version you

Don't know how it worked in L2 since i didn't play much, but i loved L1's system and i guess it's similar?

So yes, i agree, but this is atleast a step in the right direction? :)

IF (cause i'm not sure since the post isn't that specific) this means i can go Outlaw and kill ANYONE, this is still miles and miles and miles... better than the "Oh no, you're on my faction which means i can never touch you!!!"-piece of shit system we've seen in the last games.

But, doesnt the Outlaw system seem pretty similar? Barring we don't know the specifics of it.

Tera:

Turn Outlaw - Kill freely - restricted shop access - Penalties and higher drops upon death.

L2:

Turn Red/Chaotic - Kill freely - restricted shop access - Chanse to drop Items on death + death penalty.

Once again, IF it works that way in Tera. I need something to hope for damnit! :)

Except turning Red/Chaotic isn't a status you have to declare before doing anything (unlike the Outlaw status) : you gain it only when you actually kill people.

It's quite a major difference.

L2 : you're a PK when you've killed someone.

TERA : you're a PK before you've done anything.

Who cares, both are kos. If he killed someone, if he set some status and then killed someone orrrr if he thinks its cool to run around like that, I dont see the difference. kill...!

Battlegrounds, thats more then L2 had! Is there a castle to fight for or something like that? I know about that politics system thingie, but what else is there to gain?

Actually L2 has bgs now, and deathmatch ones (which is much better than crappy objectives nobody does anyway)

This game got so much pvp stuff nowadays, it's a shame its gameplay (especially mouse controlling the character) is totally outdated. Otherwise I would play it :P

Howley wrote on Thu, 09 February 2012 15:06
What's the reward for pvping? If you say gear ima cry!

From what I've read it's pvp for the sake of doing pvp, so far...

Which is fine but not enough in my book.

"If you have killed a lot of players, your global offensive/defensive stats will be decreased".

Why devs in mmos are always so against the mass slaughter of players? I don't like it.

raynolf wrote on Fri, 10 February 2012 14:06
"If you have killed a lot of players, your global offensive/defensive stats will be decreased".

Why devs in mmos are always so against the mass slaughter of players? I don't like it.

Should be the other way around!

Because someone mass slaughtering people means there is one happy dude and a hundred unhappy dudes, they rather lose one sub from the dude that already finished the game than losing a hundred subs from casual people that might take months to reach boredom level :P

Maximizing profit during the limited lifetime of a modern mmo :/

Just a guess...

IM PVPING ATM SIGGE, WHAT ARE YOU DOING? BESIDES ARGUEING ABOUT MOBILE PHONES!

PLOW PLOW RAWR RAWR

Ok, so you get stat debuffs for pvping?? WTF I am seriously so angry with how developers are dealing with pvp these days.. Give pvp zones if bitches don't want to pvp and we will go there, go fuck yourself with these debuffs!

Fuck me I'm going to ventilation thread!

ps. Cog, stream?

gonne test Slayer this weekend, seems like 1 char per server again.

Also they said EU and USA are free to implement their own pvp ruleset, so there is a chance the outlaw system is getting reshaped or will only be used on pve servers

After playing a few hours (3 chars to lvl 5, and 2 of those to lvl 10ish) i must say this is awesome in comparsion to the old target-ability-tab-ability thing. Combat is much more fluid and engaging. Mind you, this novelty might/will probably wear off, but i did have alot of fun.

Playing the melee classes with a 360 controller works great and opens up for some very laid back grinding etc.

If you're not very used to playing FPS with a controller it's gonna be alot harsher using it for the ranged classes. Atleast the archer has skills that wind up, and you need to keep aiming on the mob, meanwhile still having high enough sensetivity so that turning doesn't take forever.

Got some L2 mixed with Aion, but with a brand new way to handle targetting, feeling.

Depending on when GW2 is scheduled i'm definetly giving this a go.

Playing with the xbox 360 controller aswell. One thing to notice is that if you scroll with the mouse, you can get a few different camera angels. One of which is really awesome with controller. You get a view were the character is out to one side and close, with the crosshair in the middle. This seems to work much well with casters or atleast give some placebo effect, hehe.

Playing the mystic atm and starting to enjoy it very much.

But i'll see after all the beta testing if im already bored, before I order anything.

I was playing this time with a Warrior, very enjoyable targeting system. faster and simplier Excellent.

I got some reminds here sometimes Lineage 2 (drop system, clans) sometimes Aion (missions, grinding missions (get tokens for Gear and stuff), instances)

Atm im lvl 14 in Velkia server.

post-420-13914142129742_thumb.png

post-420-13914142132796_thumb.png

post-420-13914142134406_thumb.png

I got an in game message saying mastercraft gear can be enchanted to + 12 max.

If i can gamble on making gear again im gonne get hooked lol.

Atleast if it works like lineage 1/2, not sure if there is a chance of blowing stuff up, i hope there is.

Playing as demonian on both server, so far slayer seems to be the middle man between warrior and berserker regarding mobility and hitrange

Sign in to follow this