Sign in to follow this  
Starbuckx

PvP MMO Concept

As the SWTOR servers are down I started thinking about the sort of game I'd want to play.

Here are some of my thoughts but what do people think? and what would they look for. Please note this is from brainstorming and ideas not thought through.

Lore/setting

Anything! Swords or lasers I guess there should be some logical theme, for background and setting.

PvP

Points recorded for levels to give titles/Ranks but give no reward other than status. Give cosmetic items and sets of gear and different ranks.

Levels are infinate, and linear in point requirements. Aim for 10 hours of gameplay for each level for the average player.

Kills/Deaths/Killingblows/Highest Hit/Highest Heal/Level (Recorded at player, Team, Alliance level) In game state board. Warhammer had this?

LFG system like Rift but for pvp. Team leader selects archtypes he wants eg dps/heal/support/tank.

Openworld Zone/s

No factions/Alliance between Teams Mechanism to promote fighting and increase levels faster by winning.

War Zones

No reason not to group queue so no need for group only queues.

Ranked matches with ladders are optional. Ladder ranks give titles perosnal and team titles.

Arena's

No reason not to group queue so no need for group only queues.

Ranked matches with ladders are optional. Ladder ranks give titles

Tournament's

Daily tournaments and maybe qualification into weekly and monthly events with player and guild titles and cosmetic rewards. 1v1, 5v5 10v10

People can watch the matches in game without impacting performance...or have some method to view the game.

Monthly matches maybe just finals are recorded and posted on Youtube or some forum for people to watch out of game.

Races & Character Customisation

Different races are for looks only, no restrictions on classes

Clothes/weapons are cosmetic only. Characters should be varied and rich.

Items can only be made through crafting

Crafting

Items are developed by individual crafters, maybe like second life? Creatively is allowed....these can be traded with other players, maybe for crafting points and crafting points tracked with a ladder so show the most popular (famous) crafters.

No levels and restrictions on what you can make. maybe base items can be provided as templates that can be modified with colour mats etc.

Classes

Classless system.

Any player can choose 1-3 skillsets with a fixed set of abilities and points to spend across the skill sets to make any they like stronger.

General principles:

Tank Skill set: 50% Dmg Reduction

DPS skill set: 50% Dmg Increase

Healing: 50% Healing Effectiveness

Support: Random support skills like Crowd controls.

Buffs: Every skill set has a group buff.

Expanded points system.

All players have x number of points to spend in other trees to unlock extra abilities or buff stats, like DaoC/Warhammer system. Should be generic across skill sets and respec able at any time for no cost.

Out of scope

No PvE Zones

No quests

No money

No NPC's

No Vendors, apart from a AH to trade crafted items for points.

- An open world without restrictions

- Limited hunting grounds, so people will fight over dominion

- An upgradeable housing system (houses form towns->form cities->form countries)

- With each upgrade there will be options to build, a town can build player driven stores, in a city NPC will establish themselves and countries can build mighty castles which can be sieged.

-Death has a meaning i.e. experience loss/item loss

- Griefing should be possible but with a risk

- One single forum that can be used ingame and out of the game for added drama and politics

- Tournaments with prizes to win

- no restrictions on gaining experience, pvp, pve, crafting, you should gain experience in the manner you want to play in the world.

-open world, no lame insances, no warfronts for pvp or any other shit.

-no pvp level. Farming pvp points it's the dumbest thing ever.

-sieges, open raids and the chance for a guild to have power and influence (drama and politics). All conquered through pvp.

I think I just don't want anything else.

I could write 10 pages here, but i would have to make a real design document out of it first so it's structured. Smile

Sign in to follow this