Sign in to follow this  
Marzak

Wireless router

Anyone got a good tip for a high quality wireless router? Preferably something that doesn't choke when you download torrents etc (big routing table, enough memory). Should also have a nice throughtput, preferably up to 50mbps or something like that.

I'm off my game nowadays, not knowing what to get...

LINKSYS WRT54GL is wha tI run with Tomatoe firmware. Might be a newer version with faster WLAN, but this one served me good, since I used to get trouble when downloading torrents (many connections) on the laptop, now it's fine and I can load as much as I want to. Recently rebooted it because I had connection issues, turned out to be a dug of fibre optics cable, but I had an uptime of 570ish days on it. Rock stable. Connecting 2 phones, wii, laptop and two stationary machines through it with no issues, ever. It's ugly as shit though!

Been using http://www.prisjakt.nu/produkt.php?p=158163 since it was released. It has never ever given me any problems, continous awesomeness.

And I've got Wii, Xbox, 3 stationary computers, a laptop and two smart phones hooked up to it. Has 1 year uptime atm. Still powering on.

I ended up with that D-Link that you linked Naicha, was the only one I could find at the local hardware store when I was there today, with money burning in the pocket. It seems nice, I hope it'll serve well :)

It has served me incredibly, so I'm hoping for the same for you aswell. ;D

Sign in to follow this