Sign in to follow this  
Cogency

RAGE

Its an Id game so it will be mostly a shooter, with story this time, Mulitplayer Deathmatch and Coop.

Im too lazy to read. What is this?

Shooter multiplay lala or storymode shooter with co-op etc? or both? Or nothing? Bad? Good?

Cog can't play it it uses steamworks!

I'm planning on picking it up along with Dark Souls!

Apparantly it has a billion gfx glitches atm (game is released in a few countries), also there are no advanced GFX options available.

"This is a feature of the id Tech 5. The Engine automatically adjusts to your hardware to ensure the best performance and graphics the hardware can provide.

For example: You have a video card with 512MB VRAM, 4GB of normal RAM and a decent processor. Now the id Tech 5 adjusts the quality of the Level of Detail to the available resources. If you have twice the RAM the engine scales dynamically up to it, improves the textures and objects in the far look sharper and more detailed. At the same time the engines tries to keep running at 60 FPS even though this is not also possible

Just posting this here so I wont forget when needed;

At present PC gamers are not happy with id Software's latest release RAGE, as it does not provide any in-game settings to adjust some of game's settings. Well PC gamers its time for you to get excited, as it is possible to tweak RAGE via console commands or config file, read below to find out more.

RAGE3D's user JonasBeckman, has revealed some commands that will tweak RAGE. Although console command gives a better idea of what the following tweaks are affecting, however we strongly recommend you to create a configuration file named "rageconfig.cfg" and put it in "Rage\base\rageconfig.cfg".

By following the above step, the file will be auto-loaded each and every time players launch RAGE, and so need to type the commands again and again is eliminated.

Check out the commands below that can be used, once again thanks to "Rage3D's user, JonasBeckman.":

com_AllowConsole 1

com_SkipIntroVideo 1

These two just allow the console to work and skips the logo videos.

vt_qualityhdplossless 1

vt_qualityhdppower 0

vt_qualityhdpspecular 0

vt_qualityhdpnormal 0

vt_qualityhdpdiffuse 0

vt_qualitydctpower 100

vt_qualitydctspecular 100

vt_qualitydctnormal 100

vt_qualitydctchroma 100

vt_qualitydctluma 100

These set overall quality level, lower on the HDP and higher (percentage) on the DCT with lossless support. (However the textures are what they are so you can

Hmm.. That's making me reconsider the 6970 and maybe go for a 570 or 580 but I don't think I wanna push for the 580!

http://hardocp.com/news/2011/10/05/i_want_my_60_for_rage_bac k

"If we sit around and do nothing, we can expect more of the same when it comes to PC games."

He has a pretty good point there, normally I wouldnt really care that much about these fail game action thingies. But its happening quite alot now especially with games that are released for PC and Consoles.

I have just purchased RAGE on steam .. 25GB !?! Big game .. Ill play it saturday when uni gets abit quieter. Not liking what i have been reading about it though...

sigge wrote on Mon, 03 October 2011 13:59
ID Software's last game before they shut down. :D

Doom 4 is still in development.

Sign in to follow this