So I wanted to control my PC fans according to the water temperature of my system rather than on the component temperatures. For this reason I bought the Commander Pro from Corsair. It tickled my fancy because it included some thermal probes and extension cables for fans.
Boy have I been underwhelmed by it's performance.
Based on my own experience and according to posts on Corsair forums:
- the CP does not correctly recognize some fans from other manufacturers and you cannot control them at all
- Their own software Corsair Link does not work with their other software Corsair Utility Engine
- Even on best scenario, control of the fans is sketchy. They shutdown or rev up by themselves all the time
- Apparently they cannot be even used to control 3-pin fans with voltage unlike they advertise
- Apparently the product does not meet the PWM specifications
- updates to the software and firmware are rare, some problems have been reported 28 months ago on their earlier products
Here's my thread about the problem: http://forum.corsair...ad.php?t=170899
I would caution anyone from buying this unfinished product. I will most likely end up returning it to the retailer for a refund and filing a complaint to the consumer authority bureau for false advertising.