Photo

Overkills - The Walking Dead

• Please log in to reply

#1 Muuman Muuman

Tue, 18 September 2018 15:41

Looks promising, I'll be picking it up.

#2 Chimp Chimp

Wed, 19 September 2018 12:33

What? This looks fucking terrible. Its also the reason why Starbreeze stock fell 40% after they showed this.

The flow and animation is just, like 20 years old. Its way to far into development to look like this. Its so fucking strange, how they can do a game like this, so many years after Dying light. 

Paradox is also worried about the launch of this game, because if its as bad as it looks, it will drag down all Swedish studios. 

Im predicting another Immortal:Unchained. Super hype, everyone plays it for a week TOPS. Then realize its actually shit. (Toadman stock skyrocketed at launch when people tried it, just to fall when people relized it was shit.)

Edited by Chimp, Wed, 19 September 2018 12:37.

#3 Karge Karge

Wed, 19 September 2018 14:17

It looks better now but it's still not up to 2018 standards. There's a beta in beginning of October so we'll know soon enough.
If the gameplay is really good it could still be worth getting it, but I have much higher hopes for Dying Light 2.

Edited by Karge, Wed, 19 September 2018 14:17.

#4 Nexi Nexi

Wed, 19 September 2018 14:18

That was just painful to watch. It does look terrible. I didn't really see anything positive about this game. Gameplay looks awful and AI seems to not work at all. Animations are terrible and that melee is probably the worst I have ever seen. Worst looking gameplay demo I have seen in many years.

#5 Librium Librium

Wed, 19 September 2018 14:42

Now Nexi, I’ve told you this before, you shouldn’t hold back, you should tell em exactly how it is...

#6 Nexi Nexi

Wed, 19 September 2018 15:40

I was holding back alot. ;) I think they improved some animations in the 2nd video. It looks terrible anyway. They charge 50$ for this game.

They have some funny comments below that 1st video.

#7 Muuman Muuman

Wed, 19 September 2018 17:09

We wont know until its out, no use speculating. I dont care much for SUPER AWESOME HARDCORE PARKOUR YEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAA type of gameplay in a zombie game. Dying Light was just too much of that.
I think it'll be a good coop zombie game.