Photo

Origin Access (Netflix for EA games)

• Please log in to reply

#1 Cogency Cogency Lord and stuff.

Fri, 27 July 2018 08:42

https://help.ea.com/...-origin-access/

This is becoming available on monday, might be interesting. I think it's 15e a month. 

#2 Kunasha Kunasha The Almighty One

Fri, 27 July 2018 15:56

It's "Premier" origin access becoming a thing, the "Origin Access" has been a thing for a while.

It's only EA games, and just like the standard version except paying extra to play games 6 months to a year earlier than standard. The Vault is the main thing you want really, as all EA games end up there.. The only difference Premier has over standard is you get the latest games on it rather than having to wait for them to get vaulted

SO, WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PREMIER AND BASIC?

OriginAccessPremier-flag-small.png

• Full, unlimited access to our games, starting five days before they launch.
    • That’s right, no more limited-time trials. Play the full game starting five days before launch without purchasing it separately, until you cancel your Premier membership.
  • 10% discount in the Origin Store on full games, pre-orders, expansions, FIFA points, and more.
  • Access to The Vault, a library of games that keeps growing.

OriginAccessBasic-flag-small.png

• The same 10% discount in the Origin Store on full games, pre-orders, expansions, FIFA points, and more.
  • The chance to try out our new games for up to ten hours, starting five days before launch, with Play First Trials.
  • Access to The Vault, a library of games that keeps growing.

Edited by Kunasha, Fri, 27 July 2018 15:57.

#3 Kunasha Kunasha The Almighty One

Sat, 28 July 2018 08:43

It will be interesting to compare the prices once this goes live, it's hard to find the prices for Premier at the moment (I can't)

Origin Access Standard £19.99/year if paid annually, £47.88 if paid monthly

#4 Kunasha Kunasha The Almighty One

Mon, 30 July 2018 17:21

Premier is £89.99/year if paid annually, £179.88 if paid monthly.

That's quite a premium

#5 Nexi Nexi

Mon, 30 July 2018 18:11

So the only difference is that with premium you get unlimited 5 days with game before official release without pre-ordering it and with basic you get 5days limited to 10h of gameplay when you have pre-ordered game?

Basic seems like a good deal, It's 122 games with basic and 129 with premium.

You can check what games you get and price at https://www.origin.c...e/origin-access.

#6 Kunasha Kunasha The Almighty One

Mon, 30 July 2018 20:22

I actually use the basic version on the Xbox, but it's called EA Access there. £20 year for last seasons sports games, NFS games, Dragon Age, etc etc is fine by me.

On the pc I had most of the games I wanted to play last time I looked, and the annual option wasn't there

#7 Drakhorn Drakhorn Chief Rocket Scientist

Wed, 01 August 2018 00:44