Photo

Warframe - 5 years in a pretty amazing F2P MMO Shooter

• Please log in to reply

#1 Sinful Sinful

Fri, 29 June 2018 15:27

Know some played it a few years back, but A LOT has changed since. I didn't play it back then, but those who did says it's a whole new game. More or less all systems has been reworked, there's a pretty rich story and just a buttload of content.

I'm about 80 hours in, having a blast. The learning curve can, even though there's a tutorial, be quite steep. First 3-4 sessions I played less than 1 hour each, but then I got completely stuck.

The movement is very parkour-ish, LOTS of dashes, airglides, wall jumps etc. At first it felt very odd, coming from normal shooters, but it grows on you. 

There's 30+ "classes"/Warframes, group dynamics, story missions, progression, hundreds of weapons etc and you customize everything with mods that you level up.

You can farm basically everything. Some "delux" warframes/weapons have been retired, but are still available for sale from players. So you farm the newer stuff, sell that to players (for the currency you can buy with RL money) and buy older stuff as well.

TIP: Do NOT start spending cash. It's not needed what so ever. The game is a lot about collecting stuff, getting stronger, collecting better stuff. Well, you get the idea. So if you spend cash, you're kinda buying yourself out of playtime. At least play few days, get the hang of it, THEN chose if you wanna put some money in. I have put like 20€ in so far, for some weapon slots and warframe slots (the only thing I'd recommend spending RL money on at start, if anything). 

Also, you get a daily reward that can be a bit of ingame currency, xp boost etc. But you can also get a 50% or if you're lucky 75% discount on the RL-cash currency (called Platinum), so might wanna wait for that if you're going to spend any money. 

And if you try it, don't get overwhelmed. There's A LOOOOOOT of content, mechanics and stuff built up over the years. Just pace yourself :)

Not sure how long it'll last, but since it's F2P there's no harm trying.

https://www.warframe.com/

Or get it via Steam, that's what I did.

Think there's some friend system? Either holler via steam or my name ingame is SinfulSupernova

Edited by Sinful, Fri, 29 June 2018 15:33.

#2 Drakhorn Drakhorn Chief Rocket Scientist

Fri, 29 June 2018 18:38

This was a good game even years ago.

A very well done F2P game where you really feel paying for stuff is completely optional and you don't hamper yourself if you don't pay.

#3 Ernesto Ernesto

Sat, 30 June 2018 08:31

Me and Dansul played a fair bit, it's a really cool game

#4 Ernesto Ernesto

Sat, 30 June 2018 09:30

Me and Dansul created a decently levelled up guild hall also, not sure if that still remains though

#5 Lyngs Lyngs

Sat, 30 June 2018 16:09

What the hell Ern?! You cant just pop out of nowhere and start posting in a somewhat random thread... and twice in a day. Have some respect for the effect you have on people. Marriages are on the line. Lives are at stake!

#6 Sammerkand Sammerkand

Sat, 30 June 2018 17:33

STEAKS ARE AT STAKE!!!!

Is little ern number 2 on the way yet ????

#7 Sinful Sinful

Mon, 02 July 2018 09:39

He's not only typing stuff on the forum, we played together MANY hours yesterday! I know it's hard to believe, but I swear it's true! 

If anyone wanna give it a go you can use this (my) referal link:

https://www.warframe...13ac946214548d6

You'll get a 7 day XP boost, and if you ever make a platinum purchase I get 10% of it, there's also some bonuses if a horde of people start :P All about it here, if anyone is curious:

https://www.warframe.com/referral

#8 Cupe Cupe

Tue, 03 July 2018 01:10

Ern is only a figment of my memory, stop playing with my heartstrings... 

That and these days we have Newern, who is doing a top quality job of not showing up to anything either! :)

#9 Sammerkand Sammerkand

Tue, 03 July 2018 09:09

I remember Ern ......

As on old senile gentleman, that says something (not as senile as depraved)

I re watched the siege videos from Elder Scrolls, and a small tear formed in my eye (damned hayfever). Ern's dulcet tones screaming "TO ME" and "LETS GO BALLS DEEP!"

I miss those days. 

I pin my hopes on Camelot Unchained, to see Ern the caterpillar emerge form his crysalis and turn into a beautiful Ernfly.

I shall now go and wallow in my memories af times gone, and better days, when we were all younger and had time to play games, not just longingly looking at the icons on the desktop whilst working from home at 8pm at night, with the kids around your feet, demanding money, or the car keys, or for you to do their homework for them, whilst making an evening snack because they are missing the football ....

I hate you Millenials!!!  

I want to be free of responsibility and able to game 24hrs a day, in my ubderpants, drinking beer!

Sad Sam

#10 Sinful Sinful

Wed, 11 July 2018 13:03

So the developer just arranged this years fan convention, Tennocon, and talked about the coming year. If anyone happens to be interested I’ll leave the 2 biggest reveals here: A whole new open world area with new mechanics, missions etc etc and a whole new game mode where you and 3 friends man can man and fight big spaceships.

This free game is quite insane ☺️

Fortuna - open world and a new city hub. 1 minute trailer.

Codename: Railjack - the new game mode with spaceships. 11 minute demo. (From the live show, audience etc)

And the combined 30 minute reveal of both, with gameplay etc from Fortuna.

Edited by Sinful, Wed, 11 July 2018 13:13.