#8 Lyngs Lyngs

Mon, 11 June 2018 23:08

TAKE MY MONEY!

#9 Tangha Tangha

Wed, 13 June 2018 11:33

oh boy, do not like

#10 Lyngs Lyngs

Wed, 31 October 2018 10:44

Played the beta last night. Very disapoint! No ultrawide support what so ever. 

This guy says it all. What were they thinking?!

#11 Muuman Muuman

Wed, 31 October 2018 12:31

No proper pvp either

#12 Drakhorn Drakhorn Chief Rocket Scientist

Wed, 31 October 2018 20:17

#13 Ernesto Ernesto

Sat, 03 November 2018 08:19

Flawless Widescreen fixes it for Fallout 4, but since this is an online game, I am not sure memory menipulation is a good sollution. That engine of theirs is terrible and old, physics tied to FPS etc.

I am so far very unimpressed

#14 Sammerkand Sammerkand

Sat, 03 November 2018 11:14

The boy pre-ordered.

I have watched him play.

I was seriously under impressed.

#15 Drexa Drexa

Mon, 05 November 2018 00:57

This looks pretty ass :/

And I was never a fan of making it online, but I guess you gotta go the online route if you want to try and milk the micro transactions or whatever..

Wish it would have just been optional co-op or something. Then at least you could fix a bunch of stuff with mods, and tweak whatever settings you wanted.

#16 Muuman Muuman

Mon, 05 November 2018 08:57

I've ordered it, decided I'm sure there'll be ton of fun co-op situations and most of the issues will get fixed.

#17 Drakhorn Drakhorn Chief Rocket Scientist

Tue, 06 November 2018 20:06

https://np.reddit.co...less_fun_on_pc/

Number 1: There are no server checks to verify models or file integrity. Want to make trees smaller, or player models bright colors to see them easier? Go right ahead, here are the tools to do it!

Number 2: Terrain and invisible walls/collision is client side! Want to walk through walls? Open up that beautiful .esm file and edit it. The server doesn't care or check!

Number 3: Want to save money on server hardware and make ping a little more manageable? Go ahead and open up client to client communication but don't encrypt it or obfuscate it in anyway. Open up Wireshark while playing and nab anyone's IP you want! Send packets to the server to auto use consumables, all very nicely and in plain text! Even get health info and player location, why waste time injecting the executable and getting nabbed by anti-cheat when you can get all info from the network!

Number 4: Want to grief people and be a God? Go ahead and keep looping the packet captured in Wireshark reporting you gave full HP. Why would the server care about something as little and not game breaking like this?!?! It's a great idea to let the client tell the server it's state and the server not check anything it's being told! The possibilities with this are endless and probably able to just give yourself items by telling the server you picked it up!

Number 5: Someone in your game being mean? Again have Wireshark? Well let's just forge a packet with the disconnect command in it and knock them offline!

Edited by Drakhorn, Tue, 06 November 2018 20:07.

#18 Drakhorn Drakhorn Chief Rocket Scientist

Tue, 13 November 2018 22:54

ok fired it up and oh lawd does the game completely not get 21:9 ratio but it really doesn't understand multimonitor either.

oh well, I bought it for 37€ from g2a with clickbait cash so didn't spend a dime on it :D

Edited by Drakhorn, Tue, 13 November 2018 22:55.

#19 Kunasha Kunasha The Almighty One

Wed, 14 November 2018 19:13

https://np.reddit.co...less_fun_on_pc/

All that, and micro transactions too...

#20 Drakhorn Drakhorn Chief Rocket Scientist

Wed, 14 November 2018 23:58

Here's some simple ini modifications that can make the game more bearable.

Create a file called: Fallout76Custom.ini: 

[Display]
bFull Screen=1
bFullScreen=1
bBorderless=0
fDOFBlendRatio=0
fDOFMinFocalCoefDist=999999
fDOFMaxFocalCoefDist=99999999
fDOFDynamicFarRange=99999999
fDOFCenterWeightInt=0
fDOFFarDistance=99999999
iPresentInterval=0
DefaultWorldFOV=90
fDefault1stPersonFOV=90
fIBLensFlaresBloomint=0
uIBLensFlaresBloomradius=0
iSize W = 3440
iSize H = 1440
[ImageSpace]
bDoDepthOfField=0
bDoRadialBlur=0
iRadialBlurLevel=0
bDynamicDepthOfField=0
bMBEnable=0
bScreenSpaceBokeh=0
bLensFlare=0
[Controls]
bMouseAcceleration=0
fIronSightsPitchSpeedRatio=1
fPitchSpeedRatio=1
[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles = 1

Not all variables necessarily affect anything.
iSize variables are your resolution, modify accordingly.

Bokeh is a DOF effect.

iPresentInterval is vsync.

Others are pretty self explanatory.

I would set the file to read-only just in case.

You might want to try https://www.nexusmod...tab=description to fix the UI to scale better to 21:9. I found no use for it.

No much point in modifying Fallout76.ini as the game disables read-only and does what it wants anyway.

Setting iSize, iPresentInterval, bDoDepthOfField, bMBEnable, bLensFlare and bScreenSpaceBokeh correctly in Fallout76Prefs.ini can help also and you can change it to read-only but you might not be able to remap keys then.

Edited by Drakhorn, Thu, 15 November 2018 00:02.

#21 Ernesto Ernesto

Thu, 15 November 2018 21:24

Widescreen Fixer can also help with those games to adjust UI, HUD etc in ultrawide or surround/eyefinity

#22 Muuman Muuman

Fri, 16 November 2018 07:11

All that, and micro transactions too...

The microtransactiosn are purely cosmetical, which you can also buy with the atmos you earn in game while playing.

#23 Drakhorn Drakhorn Chief Rocket Scientist

Fri, 16 November 2018 13:57

I would say the microtransactions are no way as bas as we've seen in other games

#24 Lyngs Lyngs

Fri, 16 November 2018 16:51

I would say the microtransactions are no way as bas as we've seen in other games

That is the most positive thing people are saying about this abortion of a spin off.

#25 Muuman Muuman

Fri, 16 November 2018 21:00

Its fun.,. dont care what people say. I was highly negative, just as most people who havent played it or played it more than 2 levels in beta.

#26 Muuman Muuman

Sun, 18 November 2018 17:20

Level 38 currently, Dansul is at 49, really enjoying this, and I haven't really given fallout games nor enjoyed them in the past a proper chance.

It starts off very easy, learn the game, get used to controls, explore and just get a feel for it, then as you progress you learn more of the story and learn to use the tools in the world, such as building your own base, which has one of the best (altho, clunky at times) base building tools Ive encountered in Online games. We've ran into quite difficult mobs along the way, and we've explored TONS of caves, buildings, and other stuff. Running into players has been fun most of the time, had some cheeky pvp (which I hope will be changed to full pvp later, when modded servers are allowed and introduced). Steal someones camp then kill em, make lowbies run when we come in power armors etc.

It's overall a good game, altho, I'd say it should've been in development a few more weeks, to polish some stuff, It's still been worth the money, I'm over 30 hours now, and Had a great time so far in Fallout 76.

Don't just swallow what all these youtubers are saying, which most of them only managed level 10 at max in beta, and didn't even get a chance to progress further. I was one of those, hating on the game before It was released, based on videos on what others said. I then ran across another youtuber (OperatorDrewski) which basically told it as it was, get your own damn opinion about it, and I'm happy I did :).

Edit: Only bugs we've encountered really has been the UI doesn't always update immediately when completing quests, 1 time getting stuck in my power armor unable to do anything, and probably some minor bugs I didnt think too much about. Have not had any major issues otherwise, except I had to do some .ini tweaks to make up for the lack of Ultra wide support and such, which hopefully will get added soon. Should've been added before release, hence my "I'd say it should've been in development a few more weeks, to polish some stuff" :P

Edited by Muuman, Sun, 18 November 2018 17:25.

#27 Muuman Muuman

Mon, 19 November 2018 19:08

Patch today, 15.22gb, Not much in the patch notes, but probably alot of engine changes, as they've unlocked FPS now, without it making you speedhacking :P

#28 Drakhorn Drakhorn Chief Rocket Scientist

Fri, 23 November 2018 16:27

This happened to me, all quests disappeared.

So far relogging hasn't helped, still trying to figure it out.

https://heavy.com/ga...sappeared-lost/

Fixed by relogging in solo which sends you to a new server.

Edited by Drakhorn, Fri, 23 November 2018 17:52.

#29 Muuman Muuman

Fri, 23 November 2018 16:48

Ouch..

#30 Muuman Muuman

Fri, 23 November 2018 16:48

Tried repair?