Photo

Monster Hunter World

• Please log in to reply

#1 Starbuckx Starbuckx

Mon, 29 January 2018 18:08

http://www.monsterhunterworld.com/uk/

Launched on Friday.  I thought I'd give this a try as I've never played a monster hunter game.  

Annoyingly it's only on PS4/XONE not PC and as I understand it, it's not cross platform.

It's a single player game but you can CO-OP with up to 4 players to help you kill the monsters although adding a player makes it a lot harder to kill them.  Hopefully you get better drops as a result.

It looks quite nice. Combat feels a bit clunky but I think it's all about timing and not button mashing!

Lots of gathering and killing big mobs that take a while to kill, that drops items that you use to craft better gear to kill bigger mobs.

I think that is the whole game....!?

:heart:

#2 Seviathan Seviathan

Mon, 29 January 2018 19:21

read up somewhere that they are working on a pc version, to be launched later this year.

but it looks pretty ;)

#3 Starbuckx Starbuckx

Tue, 30 January 2018 12:07

Sevi! 

Looks nice.  I don't have an XBOX ONE x though so I don't think I'm playing it at the best settings.  I did see something about playing xbox live games on a PC, so may look into that if I like the game.

I think there is some online connectivity problems at the moment also.  I was getting some errors.  I've not bothered playing any co-op yet.

#4 Chimp Chimp

Wed, 31 January 2018 10:41

Starbucks, you play on xbox or ps4? 

If you play anything on PS4 and have not added me yet, there shall be rain of hell brought down upon you and curses chanted with your name.

Its: PSN: DancingChimpz

#5 Starbuckx Starbuckx

Fri, 02 February 2018 11:39

I don't have a PS4 only xbox :(

So your safe Chimp.....or maybe I am! ;) haha

I'm actually starting to like this game.  It's starting to make a bit more sense.

#6 Tangha Tangha

Mon, 05 February 2018 09:12

this game looks like fun

#7 Someone Someone

Tue, 20 February 2018 15:12

I bought this game, haven't gotten to play it much cause Knus tried it and got hooked. ;D Even got the monster hunter PS4 pro

#8 Shikigamiii Shikigamiii

Fri, 23 February 2018 05:02

Looking for MonsterHunter World Clan.

Hit me up on different social media, im not checking this site often. Peace. V 

#9 Ashelor Ashelor

Wed, 28 February 2018 12:51

I'm playing this on PS4, wouldn't mind some company for High Rank hunts, I can handle pretty much everything solo but it's fun to strategise with a buddy.

I'm rank 14 atm, "stuck" on quest where i have to kill Vaal Hazak, Kushala Daora and Teostra, mainly due to not having motivation to tackle them as I've been grinding Nergrigante so i can craft a bunch of rank 7 Nergal weapons.

PSN: Ashelor

#10 Chimp Chimp

Thu, 01 March 2018 12:51

Add me on PS4 ash. Im HR 70 or so.

I played mostly Long sword, hammer and horn. 

PSN: Dancingchimpz

#11 Ashelor Ashelor

Thu, 01 March 2018 15:22

Sure, once i get home from work.

Is there a Ginnunga squad or are you just playing solo?

#12 Rellic Rellic

Fri, 02 March 2018 02:00

Me, chimp and papercuts play the game. There is some other friends aswell! :) pretty fun game!

Psn: smellic

#13 Ashelor Ashelor

Fri, 02 March 2018 09:17

Well last night was interesting....

For some reason Chimp kept flinging poo all over the place  :ph34r:  :heart:

#14 Rellic Rellic

Fri, 02 March 2018 16:15

Yeah he likes using poo and fleshlights.

#15 Knus Knus

Sun, 04 March 2018 13:10

Think I have 100 hours or so in MHW so far. I play on weekends mostly. PSN name is Opethish.

#16 Starbuckx Starbuckx

Mon, 19 March 2018 21:49

All you PlayStation peoples! I'm the only one with Xbox? Shame. I stopped playing after killing the final boss. Lost motivation to farm weapons and tempered monsters. Really enjoyed playing the game.

#17 Kunasha Kunasha The Almighty One

Mon, 19 March 2018 22:25

I don't really get to use my xbox one.. the kids do, but rarely me once they're in bed