Photo

Quality Headphones

• Please log in to reply

#1 Lyngs Lyngs

Wed, 22 November 2017 15:34

I have been waiting for this a couple of weeks now.

Massdrop is offering Sennheiser HD 650's at 199$.

https://www.massdrop...ennheiser-hd6xx

#2 Karge Karge

Wed, 22 November 2017 18:22

Isn't Massdrop only US based?

Could be some pretty expensive shipping and import fees

#3 Lyngs Lyngs

Thu, 23 November 2017 02:55

Isn't Massdrop only US based?

Could be some pretty expensive shipping and import fees

Shipping is 15$. Import fees are for plebs. Just think of it as gambling with the odds in your favour. :lol: 

#4 Chasin Chasin

Thu, 23 November 2017 11:44

Without any information at all about this headset but more as a "make sure you check":

I ordered a sennheiser gaming headset like a year ago for like €150,- , but when i received it it really missed the "umpf".

After looking it up it turned out you really needed a amplifier or a good sound card in your computer to get any kind of good audio out of it.

Again, not saying this one will have the same, but would be a shame to get it shipped from the US and realise the sound is shit untill you get a amp or a good sound card.

#5 Lyngs Lyngs

Thu, 23 November 2017 12:05

This is not a gaming headset. This is quality open-end headphones. Normal Price is over 300€. I have read a ton of reviews of the "originals" as well as the massdrop edition. Which has sold 30k previously. This drop which hasnt even been open for 24hrs has sold over 1200 already. 

Thank you for your concern though, it is appreciated.  ;) 

#6 Cupe Cupe

Fri, 24 November 2017 06:18

1.jpg

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/7906808

I located and bought these! 170 reduced to 70.

My old Sennheisers (13 years old) have shown their age in the last year.

Edited by Cupe, Fri, 24 November 2017 06:20.

#7 Muuman Muuman

Sat, 08 September 2018 13:39

I need some input!
Sennheiser HD 599 Anyone have these?
I read that they are phenomenal for that price, how are they in gaming? specifically in survival/fps shooters where directional sound is key?
I'm planning on using my onboard sound on my ROG Motherboard.

#8 Lyngs Lyngs

Sat, 08 September 2018 14:28

I need some input!
Sennheiser HD 599 Anyone have these?
I read that they are phenomenal for that price, how are they in gaming? specifically in survival/fps shooters where directional sound is key?
I'm planning on using my onboard sound on my ROG Motherboard.

I have the HD 650 and I love them. Sound is crystal clear and I never have any trouble hearing directional sounds. I use AntLion 4 as mic. You can judge how that sounds.

The materials in mine are high quality and since you can get spare parts for every thing they will probably last me a life time.

The HD 599 have been called The Audiophile Gateway Drug.

Edited by Lyngs, Sat, 08 September 2018 14:33.

#9 Lyngs Lyngs

Sat, 08 September 2018 15:07

Btw. I dont use amplifier. Just onboard SoundBlaster Quad-Core Creative Sound Core3D Audio Processor.

#10 Muuman Muuman

Sat, 08 September 2018 21:39

I went with:

Sennheiser GAME BOOSTER GSX 1000

Sennheiser GSP 600

We'll see how they turn out, based on reviews it's a very good combo and the items themselves are well regarded :)
If i dont like it ill send ti back

#11 Drexa Drexa

Tue, 11 September 2018 01:07

Somewhat headphone/set related, plus Lyngs is using the modmic 4, so..

I got tired of my mic bugging out on my Astro a40 headset (still like the phones and sound though, and i got addicted to digital surround :/), so i went and got a modmic 5 (antlion). Best microphone ive owned i think, sound quality seems pretty top notch, and its so nice to know i can just upgrade to whatever headphones i might like now and just transfer the mic over.

It might not look as pretty as some of the newer RGB pulsating, probably vibrating alien dildo looking shit mics they stick on some gaming headsets, but sound quality trumps looks for me.

Only real advantage over the older modmic 4 seems to be that the 5 comes with dual mics, both omni and uni-directional and you can chose which one to use whenever you want. With the 4 you have to chose that when buying, though its plenty cheaper i think, and seems a bit easier to bend and stuff.

Anyway, just wanted to drop that info in here, for those who are tired of googling "bestest uberestest gaming headset 20XX" and sifting through all the garbage for a week every time a change is needed.

Edit: Just wanted to mention im using their little usb sound card as well, just cause ive never tried my 3.5mm mic jack on my mobo and didnt want to take any chances, its the most common issue when it comes to 3.5mm mic sound quality it seems. In total it probably cost me like a 100 euros, not that cheap, but i got a mic that i can transfer to whatever phones i like (as long as it doesnt die) and i didnt have to drop 200+ euros on a new deluxe gaming super ultra mega extreme headset and still sound like crap on ts/skype.

https://antlionaudio...oducts/modmic-5

modmic.jpg

Edited by Drexa, Tue, 11 September 2018 01:17.

#12 Drexa Drexa

Tue, 11 September 2018 01:25

Btw Lyngs, did you attach the mic magnet to the mesh on those phones (HD 650), and if so, any issues? Just curious.

#13 Lyngs Lyngs

Tue, 11 September 2018 03:09

Btw Lyngs, did you attach the mic magnet to the mesh on those phones (HD 650), and if so, any issues? Just curious.

Yup, it is on the mesh. No issues what so ever. The glue is pretty damn strong. So is the magnet. Love that i can just take it off when ever I want.

I have to correct myself. I have the ModMic 5 just like you.

It might seem a bit pricy, but the kit is very high quality. 

It took me a while to properly attach the cable wrap. But damn is it nice to have just one cable. 

#14 Drexa Drexa

Tue, 11 September 2018 17:49

Good to know, means i wont have to worry about that if i want to get some phones that are a bit more open later on.

#15 Muuman Muuman

Wed, 03 October 2018 18:52

Been running with the setup above I posted for almost a month (I got 30 days free return) and... It just doesn't beat my Astro A50 in terms of player direction location in any of the survival games I play.. I've had such a hardtime hearing where people are, compared to when I was using my Astro A50.

I'm gonna send these back, and buy myself a new pair of Astro A50.

#16 Muuman Muuman

Fri, 05 October 2018 11:43

Ordered the new Asus rog delta headset, looks nice, no idea how it will perform.