Photo

Divinity: Original Sin 2

• Please log in to reply

#1 Tumble Tumble

Wed, 13 September 2017 10:55

First game was pretty awesome - the sequel is released tomorrow.

I bought it a few days back and been playing the pre-release and very impressed. Everything is reset and the game will be updated to final release tomorrow. Overwhelmingly good reviews on steam already and only bare bones of act 1 is available to play. Not tried the multiplayer but there is upto 4 player coop if anyone fancies trying it at some point.

http://store.steampo...Original_Sin_2/

Edited by Tumble, Wed, 13 September 2017 10:58.

#2 Ove Ove

Wed, 13 September 2017 18:11

I bought this almost a year ago and dident realise it was not released... QQ Been waiting for tomorow forever and im gone for the weekend... QQ

#3 Tumble Tumble

Wed, 13 September 2017 20:08

Doh! Think I'm gonna be hooked for weeks !

New trailor released just hours ago:

#4 Saslic Saslic

Wed, 13 September 2017 20:48

Looks awesome!

#5 Sinful Sinful

Wed, 13 September 2017 20:56

Bought the first game and really enjoyed it, buying the second one as well :) 

#6 Sinful Sinful

Mon, 18 September 2017 09:59

Think I'm about 36 hours in, just finished Act 1 and fucking loving it. Playing on tactician difficulty, which is B R U T A L, so I'm taking my sweet time with everything. 

I'm not sure I see the appeal of multiplayer? I mean, that requires the same people to be there every time to do anything? And in a game this long that'd be a lot of downtime? Or is everyone doing like their own single player campaign, and on the side a multiplayer campaign, redoing everything? 

#7 Kunasha Kunasha The Almighty One

Mon, 18 September 2017 16:29

If it's like the 1st one, you can dip in and out at will but the host has the save game.

The first one suffered because it was able to miss dialog if your partner commenced it without you also talking to an NPC, not sure if that has been addressed in the 2nd

#8 Cogency Cogency Lord and stuff.

Mon, 18 September 2017 18:21

Yeah, might be like Diablo? You hop in the instance of the host?

Anyway, never played the first one but might be fun to try this. Is it very story line driven or open world go discover your own shiz?

#9 Cupe Cupe

Mon, 18 September 2017 21:58

Co-op is fun if the person I am co-oping with isn't a sausage. Playing Tactician with a muppet is an awful lot of reloads. :D

#10 Tumble Tumble

Tue, 19 September 2017 20:47

Me and Zyphi started a 2 player multiplayer game (although we haven't progress it that much yet). I have my own single player game that I play mainly.

I think the game (although massive) has good replayability. You can just make different decisions to point where its a completely different game. Also you can progress a multiplayer game without the other people - you just take control of all the characters and the others can drop in when they want.

No real advantages of multiplayer - just cool to experience it with someone else, giggle at the decisions and failures etc! We did it on honor mode - wish i think is the same as tactician but with a single save point?