Best MMO of all time, 5/5, come play!

20170602002044_1.jpg

#2 iGokuan iGokuan

Sat, 03 June 2017 00:02

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :D

#3 Sinful Sinful

Sat, 03 June 2017 16:24

Best game ever! 

Short version: New Time Locked Progression server opened a week ago, 12 weeks per expansion, won't go past PoP. Costs 15€ per month, no other fees. We're having fun just leveling and being nostalgic. Will be fun for few weeks at least. well worth the cost if you're a old EQ player I'd say. Zones are very populated, groups are plenty.

#4 Gromk Gromk

Sun, 04 June 2017 06:15

HELL YEAH!

#5 Gromk Gromk

Sun, 04 June 2017 06:19

#6 Gromk Gromk

Sun, 04 June 2017 06:34

P99 player, but that vid made my weekend!

Check that guys channel out, fucking hillarious vids about EQ, especially Seyth will absolutely LOVE them, haha!

Edited by Gromk, Sun, 04 June 2017 08:44.

#7 Elundil Elundil

Fri, 16 June 2017 10:45

Having lots of fun on Agnarr aswell. 

Playing a Gnome AFK...I mean Gnome Wizard :)
(and boxing a few others)

#8 Sinful Sinful

Fri, 16 June 2017 12:18

I'm up to 37 on my enchanter and 36 on the boxed cleric. Spent last few days mostly camping for equipment, not because it's really warranted at all, but for some reason it's fulfilling sitting in the middle of OOT for 5 hours straight waiting for a spawn. And I'm not even kidding.

#9 Elundil Elundil

Fri, 16 June 2017 13:50

Ha ha. I am thinking about going to OOT to camp the Robe of the Oracle. Think he is a 6 hour spawn. Just have to find the time and a movie on Netflix :)

#10 Sinful Sinful

Fri, 30 June 2017 08:11

From evening today (21:00 CET) til the 5th there's a 76% bonus XP and 25% off on marketplace. I'll likely make a bit of a push towards 50 :)

https://www.timeandd...70630T12&p1=137

#11 Tumble Tumble

Wed, 08 November 2017 15:39

Anyone still playing here? I started for a bit of a giggle. Quite enjoying myself, may continue for a while!

#12 Sinful Sinful

Wed, 08 November 2017 16:10

Everyone else but me quit, so I kept on going for a while with my 2 box, but dropped it. :( 

#13 Gromk Gromk

Fri, 10 November 2017 00:38

I am sooooooooo psyched for coming back to this.

Luclin incoming, BEASTLORDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#14 Gromk Gromk

Fri, 10 November 2017 00:39

But untill that happens I might as well PUBG/HOTS.

#15 Elundil Elundil

Tue, 05 December 2017 15:17

Awesome Gromk! Let me know when you start. Might have a few items for you :)

#16 Gromk Gromk

Tue, 05 December 2017 18:23

Awesome! I think it’s end of January Luclin opens. Plan was to grind some stuff ahead of time on the Ogre SK, but it felt kinda pointless for some reason.

I can’t wait though, I’m thinking it will be a troll Beastlord, the ONLY thing that could change that is if the sound the crocodile pet makes is as shitty as it was back when. In that case it will be a OGR again.

#17 Elundil Elundil

Wed, 06 December 2017 10:58

Think its Feb. 8th.

I am playing Peberkage and Elundil. 

#18 Tumble Tumble

Fri, 15 December 2017 17:23

I ran into Elundil randomly while playing! He is now my 'high level best friend' :)

Playing mainly as Multi (Bard) - lvl 58 atm.

Also have couple of twinks i'm boxing - Ardnutz (warrior) and Logie (shaman) at around 30

#19 Sinful Sinful

Tue, 16 January 2018 15:12

Reactivated my accounts, let's see if I make it to 60 before Luclin :) 

Sinfulz - 47 Enchanter

Saintz - 47 Cleric

Mostly getting used to things again, picking up some spells and planning to XP in Velks. 

#20 Elundil Elundil

Fri, 19 January 2018 10:10

I got a few Thurg plate MQ for the cleric, if you are interrested Sinful.

I am playing Peberkage, so send me a tell if you want it.

Think i got bracer, arms, gloves, boots and legs.

#21 Sinful Sinful

Sun, 21 January 2018 16:46

Ohhhh, I am indeed! That'd be amazing :)

I'm up to 56 now on both toons, hanging out in Velks mostly. Dumb that I am I've sold most of the gems that I got on drops, just last night I realized I needed to check which gems I actually need and which to sell, but oh well, I'm stocking up now.

I do need to work on my Coldain faction first, which from what I've read is basically group/kill in Kael? There isn't many quests/repeatables for Coldain, correct? How long does that take, aprox? 

Edited by Sinful, Sun, 21 January 2018 16:57.

#22 Elundil Elundil

Mon, 22 January 2018 10:23

Think you need Admibly or something like that. Kill some giants for the faction. I got a few Giant Warrior Helmets that can be used for faction aswell. Think i also got the gems covered.

I should be online today, around 19ish.

#23 Pyen Pyen

Mon, 22 January 2018 10:29

What servers etc are you playing on?

#24 Sinful Sinful

Mon, 22 January 2018 10:39

We're on Agnarr, the latest progression server. Luclin opens up in... 9 days or so. From what I see in chats there's still plenty groups all the way from low lvl up til 60, so it's still healthy and I bet with Luclin opening there'll be a surge as well. 

#25 Tumble Tumble

Mon, 22 January 2018 11:05

Been away in Germany for a long week and back today.

We could do some Kael arena as a group if you like, could do with the 4 chars. Or grab some extra dps etc. Maybe even do plate cycle which is good faction and could get all our missing plate parts. My War / Shaman still 56/53.

Pyen if you start playing and want a quick PL let me know. Though it is fun doing all the older zones in groups etc.

#26 Tumble Tumble

Mon, 22 January 2018 11:06

Sinful - I copy/pasted this from somewhere and had in my notes! Need 3 of each of the gems

Short-and-sweet Velious Quest Gem List

Melee - Warrior, Rogue, Monk, Ranger, Shadowknight, Paladin, Bard
Priest - Cleric, Druid, Shaman
Caster - Wizard, Enchanter, Mage

Black Marble - Priest Breastplate
Chipped Onyx Sapphire - Priest Legs
Crushed Black Marble - Melee Boots
Crushed Coral - Melee Helmet
Crushed Flame Emerald - Melee Bracer, Priest Boots
Crushed Flame Opal - Caster Helm
Crushed Jaundice Gem - Caster Boots
Crushed Lava Ruby - Priest Gloves
Crushed Onyx Sapphire - Priest Helm, Caster Bracer
Crushed Opal - Priest Bracer
Crushed Topaz - Melee Gloves, Caster Gloves
Flawed Emerald - Melee Arms
Flawed Sea Sapphire - Melee Legs
Flawed Topaz - Caster Arms
Flawless Diamond - Melee Breastplate
Jaundiced Gem - Priest Arms
Nephrite - Caster legs
Pristine Emerald - Caster Breastplate

#27 Sinful Sinful

Tue, 23 January 2018 03:02

Cool, thanks! And yes, I'm up for Kael any time. Elundil has some helms which he generously offered, on top of the armor parts and gems ( :wub: ), so I'll hand those in tomorrow and see where I'm at faction wise and then grind if I need more. 

From XPing in Velks I got maybe 1/4 of the gems I need, don't wanna think about how many I sold not knowing I should save them :P

Both my toons are about to hit 59, only a level to go!

Edited by Sinful, Tue, 23 January 2018 03:17.

#28 Pyen Pyen

Tue, 23 January 2018 10:13

But will there be enough to raid?

Still dont know if its so good idea to take away the good memory and replay the game..

#29 Sinful Sinful

Tue, 23 January 2018 10:33

Well, I guess that's a question of definition :) Tumble found a chill guild he joined, and he got me in as well. I joined up last night. A lot of oldtimers, people with families etc, but they get 30-40 for raids, which are pretty voluntary (no requirement for attendance) 3-4 times per week (correct me if I'm wrong, Tumble) and they progress at their own pace.

I think Elundil does raids on his own, with a friend, with boxed chars, is that right Elu?

So, is there's possibility of seeing raid content, if that's your thing? Yes. Will we raid as Ginnunga? Very likely not, if something dramatic doesn't happen.

I wasn't dead set on raiding when I started, I just wanted to get a nostalgia hit and it's just SO much fun. Since I didn't play EQ that hardcore the first time around I've yet to see like any raids, so when/if I now get to see them that's just a bonus. I just enjoy the grouping, the xp zones, even camping stuff. Crawlning through Guk, training in Velks, all of it.

I've done stupid things like completing full set of Temple of Ro armor, just because I found it a fun challenge. I think these servers are very much what you want to make of them.

Seeing as the XP rate is increased (lvl 55-60 is about 5 hours per level grouped, can probably be made more efficient if one wants, that's just my aprox rate), and a lot of quality of life changes are implemented (gear doesn't stay on corpses, maps etc etc) it's very much a EQ "Light" experience, compared to original. If that's something one would enjoy is of course individual, I personally have found it perfect for my enjoyment.

It's like 15€ to sub I think. I would very much recommend just trying, and if it's not fun that's all your out. Log on, make a char and see if there's anything drawing you in. If so, have fun for a while. If not, the memories will still be there.

But that's just my 2c :)

Edited by Sinful, Tue, 23 January 2018 10:49.

#30 Elundil Elundil

Tue, 23 January 2018 11:45

Me and Samion (old FR member), are having fun with our box team. Cant really raid all the big targets because of the MOTM buff, but we have been able to kill Phinny and some of the named in Hate. 

We are thinking about finding a guild to join for Luclin, but havnt settled for anything yet.