Forum Got Updated Read more... ×
Cogency

AMD & Nvidia gfx blabla.

When was the last time you used your PC for 3 hours or less in a day Cog ?

Back in the days of the 486 DX2 ?

3hours where the GFX card is under full load.

Mine doesnt even come close to that atm.

Stop censoring yourself Cog. In fact I will throw in a penisface.

Penisface miners!

Them prices though :( 

I need a new gfx but at these prices, it will probably not be new..  :mellow:

i have [re ordered the Ti. should be good.

I will soon be selling some 1080 gtx ti's

I have a barely used 1080TI.... But you know.... Yeah.............. Anyone wants it? =D

I can send you three pennies, my right nut and part of my soul for one.

I have a barely used 1080TI.... But you know.... Yeah.............. Anyone wants it? =D

Don't pre-order before you see actual reviews and such from external sources -_-

Absolutely this.

They've improved the base cooler by the look of it, but I'd only buy FE or Reference cards to put on water really. I'd wait for some real reviews but also for a better cooled and OC'd card from your favorite brand.

But then i wont have the founders edition .........

And yes, it does make a difference

But then i wont have the founders edition .........

And yes, it does make a difference

If it brings you joy, all good :)

He looks like he was paid to swallow a big pile of dung. 

I have watched several twitch streamers "unpacking" the RTX 2080ti. They all tried to be as neutral as possible. None of them looked comfortable advertising for this card.

to be fair on nvidia, MS isn't properly releasing DirectRX until October 

Why would they not just wait then? It is not like there is some competitor release race.

Any verdicts yet? Is it worth selling your kidney and most of your liver to some back alley surgeon to get a 2080ti over 1080ti? :P

My machine is from early 2014 and im starting to notice it a bit, cant go full blast on everything in games and stuff.. Itching to build something new, but not quite enough yet to start googling and youtubing hardware.

No, prices are kept high so Nvidia can get rid of their old 10x line. What monitor resolution do you have?

Edited by Cogency

I bought a 1080 last month, was the same price as the newer 1070ti but a little bit faster. And alot cheaper than the 1080ti, and like a third of the price of the 2080 stuff. I game on 3440x1440 and it runs stuff great. If you can find a good deal I would go for that. But I think prices been rising on those also again... (mine is 100euros more expensive now than when I bought it  :o  )..

Its a bit of a mess atm.

2070 might be interesting maybe, they got released a week ago.

https://www.webhallen.com/se/product/291734-ASUS-GeForce-RTX-2070-8GB-Turbo-TURBO-RTX2070-8G

That would be a nice price if it were available...

Anyway, get a 1080, 1080ti or 2070. Whichever price seems nice for the performance. Any lower than that I wouldnt advise for 1440p ultra wide.

https://www.hardocp.com/article/2018/10/22/rtx_2070_vs_2080_gtx_1080_ti_1070/

Edited by Cogency

I'm also waiting to see what to pick up, although my current 980 is ok in most games at 3440x1440, but it tanks badly in games like Assassin's Creed Odyssey or Ghost Recon: Wildlands. Turning down resolution scaling in game and reducing level of detail to medium brought me up to around 60 FPS in AC:O.

Biggest problem is my disgust at having to turn down the detail, definitely time for a new card, just waiting for the market to settle a bit.