Forum Got Updated Read more... ×
Muuman

Star Citizen!

One of Star Citizens previous developers work at Paradox. He didnt say much, but he said.. 

"If you ask me, it will never be released."

"They can never match the hype."

Guys, I love you... bail.

Edited by Chimp

Imagine how disapointed I got when playing this:

yutubz

Haha, yeah I replied to one of the comments about it also. When I clicked it I was full prepared to hear; DANGER ZOOOOOOOOOOOONE.

If you want to try the game, it's free fly weekend!

If you create an account, it is appreciated if you use my referral code: STAR-4Z9G-MLQM

For someone who has never played, what is ”the game”, right now?

I’ve heard it got split up in different modes/games etc, so where is it at now? And what’s the plans?

This vid might help if you have the time to watch. 

The next couple of patches (3.3/3.4) will make quite a difference, so Xmas time onwards for me to give real time to it. However if you've not had a look and you have a window to fill (understanding it is Alpha) then there are things to try. 

As for the plan? That's above my pay grade :)

Warning - The roadmap will often be subjec to change. 

aka: This game will probably never be released.

Warning - The roadmap will often be subjec to change. 

aka: This game will probably never be released.

You know how game development works. Stop triggering me!  :lol:

Watched it.

Honestly, it seems like it's coming along from the video and headed in a good direction. 

Not something I'll jump on now, I'm good and comfy on the fence regarding this and I have my doubts if they can integrate it all into one experience, but I'm glad to see it's shaping up :) 

It does. 

But when will we get to play it ???

They will release a roadmap in December showing all that remains to be done until release.

From what I picked up all tech is in place now so I guess it's polishing stuff and maybe fleshing it out

3.3 is on the test server now, some streamer had some party going on, heres 40 seconds of it;

Please do not forget to use my referral code if you make an account and purchase stuffs. Thank you.   :wub:

How is the gaming world going to react if this game turns out to be dog shit? There is a scary amount of hype behind it.

How is the gaming world going to react if this game turns out to be dog shit? There is a scary amount of hype behind it.

Don't think it'll impact the gaming world much? To a overwhelming majority of the gaming world this isn't even a thing, at max something you make fun of as vaporware or keep an eye on. Shrug and move on, maybe laugh at it a bit.

Remember the gaming world is a pretty big place though. Even the fraction of it hyping Star Citizen can likely make the game very successful.

But all in all, not sure why it would impact much. It might kill the chances of another crowdfunded behemot, but meh. 

Yeah I agree.

The people who are hating now will scream I told you so, the fanboys will be sad. The rest of the world will not care.

Eventhough it would be good for PC if they did succeed, so many new massive things they are trying and whatnot. 

I am a fanboy, and hope they will succeed. I think the Standalone singleplayer game will be very good (Squadron 42) and hope the MMO part will also succeed because it already just looks so incredibly amazing. I am still amazed I can hop out of bed on a space station, get in a space ship, marvel at the universe and then go and actually land on a planet and watch the sunset/sunrise because it's all working like a real solar system. For me it is already awesome.

Current ingame test server stuff, this 3.3 patch should be up this weekend;

Edited by Cogency

Just to clarify, I'm not trying to belittle the game by saying it's a "fraction" hyping it. They have more than 2 million backers, that's a huge accomplishment and enough to make a healthy game in itself. It's just that the "gaming world" is about 2,3 billion people who most likely don't care :P 

I do hope it succeeds, and if it does I'll be happy for a cool game to play :) 

I will scream I told you so.... then I will be sad, that noone listened to me. =(

I hope I am wrong, it will be a kickass game, maybe I can retire because of old age on the release date. That would be awesome.

You playing at all at the moment Cog?

Yeah always a little, waiting for the 3.3.5 patch atm because 3.3 kept sending me to locations that wernt there yet. hehe

313kgh5yrhy11.png

I am still amazed I can hop out of bed on a space station, get in a space ship

Wait, you are actually going to leave the space station this time around? Nice!

... now we just need to find a reason for you to sing once more too. I cannot wait. :)