|Hey, BAttlefield fans! As the title says, there is an update coming for the PC platform, and it contains multiple changes to the game.|
This update is in preparation for Map Pack 7 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam which is why the update will be approximately 2,6 GB in size. some of the fixes for the Xbox 360 were already rolled out in the previous PC patch. To see a full description, click here.
PC players might encounter some temporary outages or suffer from lag during the server updates (between GMT 08:00 2010-11-30 and GMT 08:01 2010-12-01).
Also make sure you run PBsetup.exe after updating to the latest version of the game.
How to get the game client updated
* If you are using Steam: the Steam client will automatically begin updating your game client once November 30th, 6:00 AM (GMT) has passed by.
* If you are non-Steam user : then the game's online updater will find the version online at the same hour and ask you to patch.
* If you are not using Steam: You can get a manual patch from several places...
- The main EA CDN: http://static.cdn.ea.com/dice/u/f/bfbc2/Static/BFBC2_PC_Clie nt_R10_602574_Patch.exe
- Here's a mirror in Australia: http://www.ausgamers.com/files/details/html/55988
- And here's a mirror in Croatia: (requires you to create an account first) http://www.diabolic-servers.com/board/downloads.php?do=file& amp; amp; amp;id=135
- And a mirror via Fileplay.net: http://www.fileplay.net/file/12110/bfbc2-pc-client-r10-patch
Here is a complete list of all the fixes for PC in this update:
- Acog and Red dot scope now equippable on MK-14 and G3.
- Fixed an issue where the Bullet Tracers wouldn't display
- Fixed an issue where Play Now wouldn't work
- Added Ticket Count for Conquest end of round.
- Added the server info to the objectives screen.
Original post @ BF blog